Monday, April 27, 2009

El Fin

The final days of my college career have finally come. In 2 weeks and 4 days I will be walking across the stage smilin' like a bylt haddie. Looking back on these past 4 years amazes me. It makes me nostalgic thinking of my freshman and sophomore years however I have learned a lot since 2005. I am happy with my decision to major in Journalism. It has been tough but very rewarding at the same time.


My capstone class, Border Beat, an online publication, has taken all of my training in reporting, editing, producing, organizing, developing ideas and put it to use. I think it has been one of the best classes because it takes everything you have learned and encompasses it into one class. The newsroom structure of Border Beat is wonderful because the students run the class which makes it more comfortable to express ideas and concerns.

I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the editing team, PR team and in the class as a whole. It really has brought life to the education.

No comments:

Post a Comment