Monday, March 2, 2009

Tourism

Tourism can change a city. It can also change a person. Prior to moving to the U.S., my family and I visited friends in Tucson, AZ. It was that visit that persuaded my mum to move us half way across the world.

I recently visited Las Vegas, Nevada, also known as "Sin City" or "Lost Wages" to celebrate my friend's 21st birthday and realized I wasn't the only one with the intention to celebrate.


Nevada's Senator Harry Reid spoke of Las Vegas' tourism Feb. 11 on the U.S. Senate floor. "There are 140,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas," Reid said. "That is far more than any other place in the world."

Las Vegas attracts all kinds of people. Living in Tucson, I am used to interacting with Hispanics but in Vegas, I was walking the streets with more Asians than Hispanics.


"The largest convention center in the world is Las Vegas," said Nevada Senator Reid.









Las Vegas is a diverse city with attractions for everyone.
The following is a list of attractions by hotel.



















*Photos by Jodie Kristensen and Emily Lesauski

No comments:

Post a Comment